AV, or alternative vote, is a new system of voting whereby you rank the candidates in order of preference rather than just picking your favourite. With the UK referendum on whether to adopt AV fast approaching you may well be thinking about which way you should go, or whether you should bother to vote at all.
So to help you along, and hopefully encourage you to get out there and vote, here are ten top reasons why you should vote on AV
Reasons To Vote NO To AV
1) Because you have no idea what it means, but you don't like Nick Clegg.
2) Because it gives you a government that is more representative of the wishes of the British public. Have you ever been to Birmingham?
3) Because when a party gets into power, more people will have voted for them, and more people will end up having to feel guilty about it, therefore reducing national happiness
4) Because under AV the least hated candidate will often win rather than the most liked. You know you love to hate politicians, so why take all the fun out of politics by getting rid of the controversial ones?
5) Because it means that we will have to start taking the smaller parties more seriously. If you can't crush the little guy underfoot then what is the point in politics anyway?
Reasons To Vote YES To AV
1) Because it produces weak governments, which won't be as good at messing up the country
2) Because you dislike all politicians and can never pick one you want to win. Under AV you can pick the one you want to lose the most, and work backwards from there.
3) Because you're a facist who wants to lay waste to everyone else's vote, but you don't want to waste your own.
4) Because you don't know what it means, but you think Nick Clegg is kinda cute as the PM's sidekick
5) Because having more votes will make you feel more important.
Who Voted for this Story
We Made These:
The Daily Satire is your source of the latest and most popular news satire, political humor, and other things that clever people like you find funny. Take a look around, you'll find loads of cool stuff from political cartoons to spoof news, funny memes and social satire. Open an account, or log in using facebook, and you can sumbit your own links, publish your own satirical articles, follow your favorite writers, and vote on the best funny news stories of the day to help us choose what to promote from our 'latest' to our 'popular' sections. Click the 'About The Daily Satire' Link above for more in depth information
animals apocalection apple business cameron celebrity satire economy election entertainment facebook football funny gop gop candidates health herman cain humor internet law memes mitt romney music news newt gingrich obama olympics parody pictures police politics religion rick perry rick santorum romney satire science sex social media spoof sports technology television the onion tv uk us election video videos world 2012